Find my log in email address
This is the email that you used to register for the event. It is also the email that has been used for all communications about this event. If you cannot remember the password you created when you logged in for the first time, please click on the renew password link and follow the instructions to create a new one.
Log in immediately after registration for the event
You are automatically registered and have access to the system immediately. Please check your emails from email@example.com with information on the log in process.
For non-presenters attending EEA-ESEM at Bocconi University:
You will have received an email explaining how you access the platform on August 2. The email came from firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all virtual participants:
Access to the platform will be given the week of August 16
Participate in the congress if you are not a member of the EEA or ES
The in-person part of the congress, at Bocconi University, is subject to a registration fee. One must be a member of the EEA or ES to attend.
The virtual part of the congress is open for no registration fee to all current members of the EEA and ES.
For more information, please read REGISTER page.
Understand the time zone of the congress (virtual participants only)
All times, by default, refer to CEST (Central European Summer Time). The CEST sign is visible in all areas of the programme.
Please note that the programme uses the 24-hour clock (popularly referred to in the United States and some other countries as military time and is the convention of timekeeping in which the day runs from midnight to midnight and is divided into 24 hours).
If you are attending EEA-ESEM 2022, please do not make any changes to the times.
Each participant can set one's own time zone to a number of possibilities. To do this, please go to your setting cog wheel - the symbol between the mail and star symbols - which appears when you are logged in, scroll to local setting and choose the nearest city in the country where you are based.
Please note that the times displayed when you enter the ZOOM waiting rooms are by default in CEST (Central European Summer Time). ZOOM cannot give accurate starting times of meeting (only by the half or full hour) so you are strongly advised to ignore all these times you see if you are in a ZOOM waiting room.
Search for a specific presenter
There are 2 ways to do this:
1. Go to Full Programme, and click in the name, in the "presenter" field, of the person you are looking for. This field is set in “auto-predict” so by clicking a number of letters of the person’s name you are looking for will bring up a list of results.
Once you find the presenter's name, please click the UPDATE button and a list of connected sessions will come up.
2. Go to the alphabetical list on the Presenters' section too. Here you can search by institution (please enter a key word like name of city or key word on institution) too. There is also the option of searching quickly through a list of names and clicking to enter the more specifics for bio etc
Search for a specific session by association, title or type
Go to Full Programme. You will see a number of filters available to search by. Please enter in the information you are looking for in the relevant field. Please note that to filter by association, you will see the ALL, EEA, ESEM buttons above the other filters.
Always remember to click the UPDATE button to get the results.
Search by day
You can also search by day, and then refine your search by title or type. Go to the Full Programme and click on the boxed numbers that appear above the networking bar.
Always remember to click the UPDATE button to get the results.
See who is participating in the congress
In the Participants page, which is accessible only when you are logged in, you can see all the people who have registered to attend the event. These include both presenters and non-presenters.
If you want to see the list of presenters only, please click on the PRESENTERS section here
Navigate the Log In area
The log in area is your access to the networking areas, and scientific sessions (for those participating virtually), and it is where you can build your agenda.
The only noticeable additions that you see when you are logged in are the networking buttons (from Edit profiles button across to Account Settings and down to the forum).
The top navigational bar is informative. The secondary navigation bar is where you search the programme and presenters, while the third is the networking.
All the text on the particular page you are in appears when you scroll down.
There are a number of ways to network during EEA-ESEM 2022 via the platform:
- Send direct messages to one or a group of delegates and have some conversations with your colleagues - even making arrangements to meet up in person at Bocconi University!
- Participate in the forum
These functionalities are available when you are logged in.
Build my agenda
Go to Full Programme, scroll down the list of sessions and click to “Favourite” the sessions you want to attend.
To view your agenda, please click the star button that appears when you are logged into the platform.
Please note that the option to build your agenda is only actionable when you are logged in.
From August onwards, you will also be able to save the sessions you want to attend to your computer calendars.
Join a session (for participants joining virtually only)
Sessions can only be accessed if you are registered for the congress and are logged into the platform.
To log in, please click on the Log in button at the top of the homepage, using the email you used for your registration to the event.
On each session page (accessed through the Full Programme section), you will see a "Join Room" - with a video icon - button. Please click on the "Join Room" at the time of the session.
If you are not logged in and try to press the "Join Room" button, you will receive a "denied access" message.
There is a waiting room for virtual participants so the room assistant will let all virtual participants in just before the session starts. Please do join a few minutes before the START of the session to ensure no delay. All virtual participants will be set to mute so if you wish to interact during the session, please use the "hands up" function and the Chair or room assistant will unmute you.
You will not receive any specific ZOOM link.
Share the links for sessions
This is not possible. Only people who are signed up to EEA-ESEM 2022, and are logged in, can access the sessions.
Use ZOOM (for participants joining virtually only)
For the best user experience, we strongly recommend that you download / update ZOOM to the latest version. Please allow lots of time to do this – not just before your session is due to start.
A Prerequisite is that ZOOM desktop client is installed on your computer. If you have not got Zoom already installed on your device, please read here
For those of you unfamiliar with ZOOM, please take a look at the ZOOM learning videos here.
Use ZOOM from my office computer where the download of ZOOM desktop client is forbidden (for participants joining virtually only)
You can access ZOOM via your web browser.
When you are linked across to ZOOM, please click on the option “If you cannot download or run the application, join from your browser.”
Ensure a successful and interactive session for the presenters and yourselves (for participants joining virtually only)
• We encourage you to keep your video on, even as a participant, as it makes the session more interacting. Please do turn it off, however, if there is background disturbance / privacy issues.
• Please keep yourself on mute all times, unless you are asked to unmute by the Chair.
• Please do ensure that your name appears as your full name, and not any nick-name. If you do not know how to rename yourself, please write a private chat to the room assistant, who can help you.
• When there are slide presentations, for a more engaging viewing, you choose your “View Options” to “Side-by-Side” mode (for the slides) and then choose “Speaker” view (for the speakers).
• If you want to ask a question, you use the “raise your hand” icon (which is found from the Participants’ section).
• If you are in a meeting of over 20 people, please set you “Video Setting” to “Display up to 49 participants per screen in Gallery View” (set in your ZOOM video setting).
• Remember the golden rule – Please be polite and respectful at all times.